Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Watching the Wheels go Round...




Met a new friend on our morning walk today. He was sitting on the bench down by the dam, just watching the wheels go round. 

We talked, telling lies like old men do. He's 64, used to be a member of an English band. He stays out of the limelight these days. Apparently, everyone thinks he died years ago, like his friends Jim and Jimi, back in the 1970’s and 80’s. 

For their own sanity, they like to keep it that way.

We spoke of second chances.

He said he’s still married to the girl he met way back then. Is she from around here? I asked. “Oh no”. “She’s a Japanese beetle” he bragged. I just  just saw her standing there and knew she was the one. Now they have “a beautiful, beautiful, boy” all grown up.

 Can you imagine?

Looking up, he noted: ‘Here comes the sun. I’ve got to get back. I’m just a jealous guy even though I know my lady would never cheat on me, oh no! But since I started over, after walking away and getting help,  I learned all you need is love, and I love her!”

Said his name was John. Very mellow dude.




No comments:

Post a Comment