Tuesday, July 7, 2020

SEND US YOUR DEGRADING TAPES AND VIDEOS!







SEND US YOUR DEGRADING TAPES AND VIDEOS!

That’s what the ad said. Not reading further to find out that this was a conversion service that digitized old family videos, I bit.

Immediately I thought; “Wow, degrading videos? You’ve come to the right place!”

I remembered the torn cardboard box hidden away on the floor of my closet. All those films of horrifically degrading and disgusting things Carla used to make me do when we were younger…in a big box of old VHS videotapes.

Now I realize that I should have read the entire ad. I shipped out the whole box, thinking I was going to make big bucks, that they were going to buy them from me!

But no. They wanted $98.00 for the conversion itself and another $50.00 for “special handling”.

I didn’t even want to ask what “special handling” meant.

But even an old dog can learn new stuff, I misunderstood their meaning of degrading.

So I looked it up.

Degrading:
1) causing a loss of self-respect; humiliating.
2) to pass from a higher grade or class to a lower

Now I’m confused because it seems like they both mean the same thing…






No comments:

Post a Comment