Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Nalu to the Rescue...





It was too dark and drizzly to open my back doors, no sun to shine in anyway. But even so, I could hear singing coming from the back yard. A chorus, acapella stuff.

"Swing low, sweet chariot
Coming for to carry me home
Swing low, sweet chariot
Coming for to carry me home
Coming for to carry me home
I looked over Jordan, what did I see
Coming for to carry me home
A band of angels coming after me
Coming for to carry me home"

Dark and slow, the voices in unison…coming for me?

That particular band of angles all glared in my direction when I stepped out to investigate.

Shitburgers!

I did a U-turn and reached high over the entry door.

Head-banger in hand, and back out on the patio, I squared off: “OK you black-hearted life scavengers, let’s do this!”

But it never came to that. Just when I had braced myself for the attack, Nalu came from inside.

A Golden streak.

Different music started to swell: The William Tell Overture, Lone Ranger music!

Nalu paused at my feet, looking up. He said confidently: “Hold my beer. I got this.”

He made short work of that committee, nipping at flying feet like his tennis ball in the air.

Afterward, lying next to me, his blond fur covered my feet. Looking down, my toes were encased in "dem Golden Slippers".

That’s when I knew I was already in heaven and that those carrion eaters would just have to put on their big boy bibs and go look elsewhere for a wake buffet to crash.  






No comments:

Post a Comment