Sunday, July 15, 2018

Fountain of Life...






For a guy who believes in the reliability of the Laws of Nature, science and verifiable facts, it’s odd that I equate this fountain with my lifeline.

Dad was 89, Mom 93. So I plan to live to see 90. That’s reasonable, right? It gives me 20 more years.
But I have to monitor that, keep my finger on the pulse.

When I get up in the night and roam around the house, 3, 4am, I make it a point to look out into the front yard. Is the fountain running? Bright and virile, with a strong flow? That’s about me, not the fountain. Do I feel the same way? Ready to run another 20, blocking and circling whatever takes issue with that?

It helps me to simplify my priorities: clean and maintain the fountain…enjoy it, let it serve me, and be ready for whatever comes out of left field…







No comments:

Post a Comment