Monday, December 20, 2021

Otter's on the Water

 



Otter’s on the Water

We were simply driving around this afternoon, running errands, when Carla suggested that we get lunch somewhere, rather than just go home. That’s how it starts. Ned’s? Corner Sushi? Maybe Patty’s? We live in The Shores, so that’s our turf. “Let’s go to Black Molly! They have that dish you like with angel hair and a crab cake.” I suggested.

That’s when we saw the “Otter’s” sign… and we knew where we were going. Pulled a U-turn, headed East, toward the water. I was happy to see that the parking lot was confined to the parking lot, not stretched out along the access road. There were even a few spaces open. Sweet!

Yup, we walked right in and got a perfect seat.

Fast forward…a waitress we’ve seen before, who really knows her stuff, greeted us immediately. Carla got soup of the day, a Lobster Bisque. Creamy? Lobster forward? Thick, fresh, and decadent? Check, check, and check.  She loved it. Her only issue was that it didn’t; have enough lobster chunks in it. I pointed out the fact that she complains that every meal she gets, out or at home, doesn’t have enough lobster chunks in it, according to her. Yesterday I had to tell her that it’s not normal for her ice cream to come with lobster chunks.  

She admitted her Bisque was delicious.

Then I insisted that she get the Lobster Roll. Like me, it’s huge, hot, and hunky. (OK, I’m none of those things but this is my review, so give me a little slack here!)

Prime rib for me with lots of horsey sauce, Smashed potatoes. Collard greens that had been cooked forever with some bacon or fat back, exactly as they should be.

A tall draft Sierra Nevada with a Tito’s neat. Hey, I went to the gym this morning and I’ve done all my chores, so allowed.

Carla looked hot in her cool overalls, still knocking me out 45 years after she first walked into the newspaper where I worked, looking for a job.

Cozy table against a wall so the assassins couldn’t get to me without risking a fork to the eyeball…

Bright & open inside, expansive out, lightly salted air. Attentive waitress.

Spread out in front of us… lobster, prime rib, a tall hops product ….and a huge serving of gratitude…

Otters was freaking awesome this afternoon.

------------------------------------------------------

Kristin Price This is one of my favorite reviews that I have read

Krista Purcell Ahmad Kristin Price agreed

Gretchen Dozois Thomas Kristin Price ditto

Tara Ann Kristin Price -agreed!

Debbie Lane Kristin Price that is my thoughts too. Made me smile

James Taylor Beautiful as always Maverick

Dominique Tredik Please write more reviews! You are great!

Michele LaRouche McDonough Fabulously written review. Thank you so much.

Melanie Whitney Totally awesome review.

Otter's on the Water Hugh Maverick Haller before I tell you how appreciative I am of this post, can I please say that I've never related more to anything than to the comment about assassins? (I 100% listen to wayyyy too many crime podcasts). More importantly, this review is such a fun read. Thank you so much for the kind words! Please ask for Britt, Lyndsay Nichole Burnett & Steph next time you're in! We absolutely must meet you. We'll make a special Lobster Bisque for Carla will extra extra lobster. Cuz honestly who doesn't want more lobster?! We may have to look into that lobster ice cream too.....Julie Tilton Glisson I loved reading your review! Very well written and entertaining!   Food sounds delicious!

Larry Hession Loved your review. 

Edie Lee I hereby dub this review "fresh"!! Good job!!

Catherine Briggswood Great review

Victoria Lynn Smith Love your recommendation…

Melanie Lowery Limoges This was so fun to read

Dianne Cullum Your reviews are always captivating!

John Andrea Smith Very impressive!

Julie Kay Gustavson Have you considered being a food critic on a regular basis??? Great reviews!!!!

Darlene Thompson Galambos Entertaining read and a kick in the pants to go try that bisque!Kimberley DeBoer Clearly, you're a writer. What a great review!

Callie Wood Excellent read

Kenyetta Stockdale Thanks your review is making me hungry   Gotta go here now

Sheila Bell Love your review. Very entertaining & has convinced me to go to Otters. After reading some of your other reviews I now want to try Hull’s.

Kristie Cochran Well said and much appreciated recommendation.

Cindy Jones Cute.

Cindy Roseman Mellone Awesome review!

Astrid Hallock Craycroft Great review!

Cory Murphy I've never commented on one of these, but this my friend is a golden review!

Shawn DeJesus Thank you for sharing, I honestly love love love your review

 

 

 

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment