Thursday, September 26, 2019

Pretty Green Turtle






Carla is out on the couch, looking cute in her house shorts and cruising Facebook, searching for her peeps who want to talk about Native American issues, Dolly Parton…or maybe Bernese Mountain Dogs. Today it’s all about the dogs because a guy doing work in our house has three. Pedigreed and beautiful. For me, too big and too much hair. $3,000 a pop is hard to justify when there are so many misfits that are wonderful animals, languishing in the shelter.

Anyway, in passing, I let her know how much I love her when I say: “You know, honey, 42 years and I still get a thrill when I see you here.”

She smiles warmly up to me.

“Yea, you’re so much better than a just having a Parakeet or one of those green turtles in a stinky plastic aquarium!”

She still smiles, unrattled, enjoying thoughts of just how deep I’m digging the hole that I’ll need her forgiveness and good graces to climb out of.





No comments:

Post a Comment