Thursday, November 29, 2018

Thanksgiving Guests






Three of our dinner guests arrived yesterday afternoon and spent the night. They insisted on sleeping in a waxed box under a cold wet towel. Seems weird to me but who am I to judge?

I peeked in on them this morning, all three still sleeping soundly,

It’s good of these guys to travel such a long way to help us celebrate a Haller Thanksgiving tradition. We’re stoked that Hannah is in town this year too, but we’ll miss Ruth.

I remember Hannah squatting up on top of the dining room table itself when she was only two, holding one of these guests by the hand. It was so sweet.

Last night when one of the guests asked: “What’s for dinner tomorrow?” I handed them a mirror to share.

They thought I was being a good host, letting them primp and clean up after their travels, and I was.

Six of us will sit at the table, but I understand only three plan to leave. It reminds me of what Ben said to Poor Richard: “Fish and visitors stink after three days.”

We’re just talking about this afternoon though, so I don’t expect that to be a problem.




No comments:

Post a Comment