Sunday, May 1, 2016

I never Left Your Side










Invite me to walk with you on a mountain path, 
Show me that pristine meadow with the bleached bones of a Red Fox,
Bushy tail still waving in the breeze. 
I'll be there with you.
Let’s do Yoga on the beach, inhaling deeply the first beams from a rising sun.
We'll leave only your footprints behind as we stroll along, close, like before.
Little has changed.
If you have a party or eat the foods we both love, save a place for me.
I'll be there. 
Let’s have an oyster shooter, mussels in broth, fresh baked crusty bread.
You know I'll be there.
But if you find yourself grieving, regardless of the reason, 
We'll grieve together, hand in hand, you can lean on me.
I never left your side.
Just because I no longer have an address in this world, never think that I am gone. 
I will live with you, through you, for all your days, 
Until that time when we walk the beach together once again,
Leaving only the footprint of the waves to mark our passing...

hmh


No comments:

Post a Comment