Sunday, February 19, 2012

Teenager Scat


Teens litter the ground with their scat on a small wooded hillside in the park behind our house. Their droppings scattered with less concern for the location than my dogs show in their disdain for soiling our own backyard. But the area the kids hang out in is their own back yard, and their waste identifies them by age and gender. The broken tube of a Roman Candle peeks out from under a raised tree root, limp and flaccid, it's colors as faded as the passions which once sparked violent ejaculations of multicolored fire. An empty tin of chewing tobacco, a travel size deodorant stick, multiple crushed cans of energy drinks, cigarette packages.. A condom wrapper lies on the ground, hopefully the only thing torn and discarded in its use. I want to curse the the teens and condemn their lack of responsibility, but I know better. It's like cursing a goat for being a goat. I was a goat once. I dropped the very same scat in a different park a lifetime ago...Vienna sausages and all, and I had less concern for the location than my dogs show in their disdain for soiling our own backyard.



No comments:

Post a Comment