Sunday, December 18, 2011

Ohio the Wonder Dog & Car Detailer

Many years ago a friend & I were returning from an Eric Clapton concert in my brand new Mazda RX7 turbo after having had too much fun, and apparently too many adult beverages & beanie weenies for my friend. Halfway home, without warning, his head started to spin in circles like Regan in the Exorcist and he projectile vomited beanie weenies all over the seat & dashboard of my new car. When we got to his house, I pushed him out onto the yard and drove home to bed. The next morning I braced myself and looked at the damage. The car was sitting in the sun, baking. Every crevice of the passenger side bucket seat, every stereo control on the dashboard, the right side sun visor, the pocket in the door... everything stunk and was chunky with hot beanie weenies. I knew that I faced hours of highly unpleasant clean up work. That’s when my wonderful German Shepard nudged my leg and showed a more than passing interest in helping me out. Perfect. I opened both car doors and went inside the house. My dog “Ohio” detailed that car for several hours, her long tongue being the best possible tool to get into those crevices and around those stereo knobs. She even got the spots on the ceiling. Later, a quick wipe-down with Lysol completed the job. Best damn dog I ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment