Sunday, August 2, 2020

At the Edge...







 

 

In August of 2014, I looked over the edge. Apparently, not yet my time to jump or be pushed.

-------------------------

Checking into the local hospital for an overhaul a few weeks ago was the best thing that I’ve done for myself in a long time. A problem identified and corrected, ready for another 20. But the pain, morphine and Dilaudid had me drifting in and out, most of it a blur. I missed this post from Hannah that I just found yesterday. I like it a lot…

----------------------------

Hannah Gypsyon Haller

We didn't have a lot of money, but I don't remember ever wanting anything I didn't have.

You liked my hair long when I was young, still do. When I started to wear bracelets on my wrists you encouraged me to get more. Said they looked cool. I made my own clothes and dreadlocked my hair, you never once said anything negative about it. You allowed me to grow up wild and free, and fostered my own creative process. You always had my back, no matter what and supported me on whatever endeavor I chose, whether it be worthy or not, I felt you in my corner. You have encouraged me to live for me, be me, and answer to no one but myself. A strong, independent woman you must have known I'd become.

You taught me to watch the birds that fly over the water, listen to the cicadas at sunset. Love animals like our friends and compliment strangers. I never felt like I couldn't tell you something.

I'm here with you now, dad. Supporting you, every step of the way. Let's go home soon okay?

— with Hugh Maverick Haller at Flagler Hospital St.

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment