Friday, June 14, 2019

“US SOCCER STAR MEGAN RAPINOE REFUSES TO SING THE NATIONAL ANTHEM!”








Scandalous!

Her refusal has created another wave of self-labeled "patriots" to lash out at her with lectures on how to be patriotic. It's their way or the highway according to the haters.. Just more hypocritical shades of the Colin Kaepernick fiasco.

Megan Rapinoe is gay, and apparently doesn’t feel that the current atmosphere in this country offers her the same rights, freedoms, and protections that are promised to everyone else. For Rapinoe, the anthem is a “somber moment” for a “peaceful protest” of inequality and injustice throughout the United States.

Good for her.

Know what? I never sing it. Even as a little kid I would just stand respectfully and wait for everyone to finish. Same thing with “The Lord’s Prayer” and various pledges along the way. I don't need group prayers or churches to feel spiritual nor the crowd assumption that we’ll all recite the “Pledge of Allegiance” now because you tell me to.

Forced "patriotism" is the antithesis of the very freedoms we espouse and hold high. I'll pray or experience patriotism in any way I please. TYVM!

BTW, before you get your panties in a wad and start calling me names, I am a vet and served my country proudly. That was my responsibility, one I was happy to fulfill, but in my mind, a huge part of that service was to protect these exact personal freedoms.

Now let EVERYONE enjoy them.










No comments:

Post a Comment