Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Easter Sunday Celebration...



Even though we don’t ritualize Easter, or any holiday for that matter, I try to celebrate every new moment that I’m offered.

Today I’ve got a full schedule planned.

Carla is home safe after working 24 of the last 36, with no sleep in between, so she’ll be down for the count.

My plans? I’ll walk the dogs around the lake, passing the familiar Limpkin as she wades in the shallows for Apple Snails. Got to go do my gym thing, maybe pull a few weeds out from around the Hibiscus in the front yard as an excuse to get some sunshine. That’s intense right now. A cloudless sky makes everything appear to be color enhanced. We had a drenching rain two days ago, so the landscape is bright green, plants are in bloom everywhere.

It’s as if the rain lifted off a thin film of grey, the whole earth burst out of its chrysalis.

Chica will get a bath. Little bitch rolled in something dead on our walk earlier.

I also plan to vacuum the whole house, we’ll see. Don’t put your money on that one to place or show.

After I get some chores done, I’ll take time to sit out on the back deck with iPhone & earbuds singing Pandora tunes. A belated celebration of yesterday’s date, 4/20, will accompany sips of my delicious vodka that I infused with organic strawberries, mint and honey. Each sip demands attentive praise, a warm smile from within.

There’s a recipe for crispy chicken wings I want to try. Baked, not fried. Fat, organic wings, with celery and chunky blue cheese dressing with a side of mashed baby red and purple potatoes, and steamed asparagus with hollandaise.

Every moment of my day will be filled with an almost giddy thankfulness for just being.

The Grand Ole Opry star, Minnie Pearl used to say as the price tag dangled from her straw hat: “I’m just so proud to be here!”

Me too, Minnie, me too.




No comments:

Post a Comment