Tuesday, April 10, 2018

You Used to Have...What?






Friends know that I’m almost never serious, always going for a laugh. But my delivery is with a straight-face, so strangers are often unsure if I’m joking or need a serious check-up from the neck up.

So this morning at the gym, I finished up with an elliptical machine and left my black towel draped over the cup holder as I went to get a paper towel and spray cleaner. Everyone has to wipe down their machine when they finish.

Some new guy I don’t know, apparently didn’t see my black towel and got on the machine.

Walking back, I pointed to my own towel, held up the paper towel and spray and said: “You better let me wipe that down for you.” He was good with that and paused, leaning to one side to give me space.

I continued: “I had a bad case of California hot tub rectal gonorrhea last year. It’s a bitch to get rid of, very contagious in the early stages. I think it’s better now, though. My doctor says I’m OK, but I still have a lot of itching, you know? Best to wipe the machine down, just in case."

With a look like he was smelling poop, he started slowly backing away . “You go ahead.” he said as he headed toward another part of the gym.

Then I saw him leave the gym completely five minutes later.

I believe it was probably his first, and last, visit.








No comments:

Post a Comment