Saturday, October 18, 2014

When I Come Back Again...










It's been about 10 years since Hannah worked the lemonade stand. And I mean she really worked it, doubling the size of the tip jar, placing it front and center, running a tray of cold samples out to the passing crowd... parched, burnt, shuffling down St Augustine’s busiest tourist gauntlet like extras from “The Walking Dead”, in dire need of a cold lemonade. Hannah, dressing, the part, blared Reggae music, a Siren's song, from her oasis. She made way more cash in a day of selling lemonade than anyone ever had, more than I did in a day working real estate for that matter. She still attacks the challenges, it's just who she is.
Her sister, Ruth, is more like me, low key, less prone to be the show itself. But unlike me, she loves to go. Concerts, events, fairs, shows, anything fun. She deserves it though, she works hard, and makes a better living as a high end nanny/assistant to beautiful people out in La La land than I ever did...and has more fun at it. One thing we do have in common though, is our mutual love of brewed hops products. Andrew loves them too. I knew I liked that guy when I first saw him...with a mug in his hand.
But do you see an overall theme here? A touch of bitterness in the old man? I swear, if I'm a good boy in this life and get to choose, I'm coming back as a beautiful girl...and I'm going to work it. I mean really work it.



No comments:

Post a Comment