Monday, November 19, 2012

Billie Jean

 
 
 
 
 
 

 
Motown music was never my thing, I would have been more excited to see Jackson Browne or Eric Clapton, maybe Ry Cooder or Bonnie Raitt. One of the people that were the soundtrack of my own life. So on that night, 25 years ago, I wasn’t prepared to be blown away by this guy but, of course, I was. I remember speaking with my sister the next day and listening to the way this performance had affected her in a similar fashion. We had both been mesmerized, caught unexpectedly by this display of exceptional talent. Seeing an amazing artist in a peak performance like this, brings a realization of just how rare and unique these moments are and an even greater appreciation for a fleeting glimpse of the superstar moments that too often lay dormant in all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment