Monday, July 1, 2019

The Commanders Shellfish Camp




James Taylor is a famous singer.

We have a James Taylor in this town too. He’s famous for running the local foodie website. His songs are all about great food that you listen to with your taste buds.

Taste buds may also be the group of your friends you’re out with.

Anyway, he’ll probably be mad at me for not getting pictures of our food at The Commanders Shellfish Camp, but hey, the Stella was cold and the food came out quickly. What’s a guy supposed to do? I just hope he doesn’t get me down in a headlock like last time and make me say: “Iggy Wiggy I’m a Piggy!”

I hate it when he does that.

But really, there was no time for pictures. You’ll just have to use your imagination.

In order for me to post some kind of picture, here is one of Carla and me right after we got home with our leftovers.

Inside those carry-out bags?

Extra clammy clam chowder made in house with clams raised in the hatchery by the water behind the restaurant.

Jambalaya with all the unusual suspects swimming in a superlative tomato/clam base that sets a high bar for any competitors anywhere.

Royal Red shrimp, panko dredged and fried to perfection. A dip of remoulade sauce on the side. Their meat like a love child of a lobster and a brown shrimp. Especially tender and delicious.

Sweet potato fries.

Steamed Maryland oysters.

I had another Stella or three and we hit the road. Carla doesn’t drink so I always have a designated driver.

Now everything is sitting on the kitchen counter, waiting for us to get hungry again.

PS: Commanders is in Crescent Beach, a block East of the inter-coastal. Sit outside on the deck and be in the moment. Let the salt air rejuvenate you.

Their menu is limited to the things they do best, which is everything on the menu.




No comments:

Post a Comment