Saturday, July 23, 2016

She Hates Jews?








I woke up around 2am, hearing Carla scurrying around in the kitchen. As soon as I walked in, standing by the refrigerator getting a glass of water, she started spouting highlights of the Facebook cruising she had just pulled in from, while both of us lingered there in the rest area.

 “My friend Jenna thinks there may be a connection between Harambe the ape they had to shoot and that little boy. Maybe the child was there to free him. Jenna hates zoos.”

These days, my hearing is only about 80%. Carla gets exasperated with me when I ask her to repeat stuff or I don’t understand what she said. She thinks I’m just being difficult. It had sounded to me like Carla had said that Jenna hates Jews, not zoos. Knowing how absurd that was and that obviously I wasn’t hearing it correctly, I started giggling and said: “Jenna hates Jews? That figures. She’s like that.”

Carla started to do a slow boil. So I taunted her some more.
“Why do you even listen to that racist woman? What does she have against Jews?”
“ZOOS, YOU IDIOT! SHE HATES ZOOS!”
“Boy, she really had me fooled. I thought she was smart and open minded. Now she shows her true self. Hates Jews. Amazing what comes out when people open up.”
‘ZOOS! ZOOS! ZOOS! SHE HATES FUCKING ZOOS!”
“Well, Honey. I’m going back to bed. I don’t like all this racist talk.”


I walked quickly back toward the bedroom just in case Carla was about to launch something at the back of my head, chuckling as I slid back into my spot in the bed so warm and inviting.

hmh





No comments:

Post a Comment