Sunday, March 20, 2016

Lunch With Carol...








Carol: 
I'm one of those people who used to mock Facebook. Mock, mock, mock. I referred to it as Fakebook, but...no more. The friends I've met via Facebook have been genuine and genuinely delightful...well beyond any expectations.
Today I had the pleasure of sharing plates of dim sum with my long time Facebook friend Hugh Maverick Haller. He lives his life on one coast, I'm planted on another. But we both felt the same closeness in person that we've felt here online. We already knew one another well. That's a rare thing. What a joy to share a meal with someone who is the same wonderful critter that is present and presented in posts and writing.
Hugh is the real deal. I can't remember when I've felt more at home in someone's company. One helluva guy. Cheers to my new old friend.


Maverick:
Many of my FB friends know Carol, AKA CaRoll. You probably think that she is interesting in her posts, eclectic in her approach, enviable in her prolific stream of creative storytelling, wise in her understanding of the human condition regardless of how stellar or damaged that may be, optimistic and positive in her vibe, and unusually attractive inside and out. Well, I just finished having lunch with the lady and I can tell you…you’re right. Carol is all of those things and more. One of my favorite people on the planet. Thanks Carol, loved the Dim Sum, but yes, I guess I would pass on the chicken feet next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment