Tuesday, October 20, 2015

No Agenda...















Yesterday afternoon...

Two old dogs fill sun drenched patches of grass, like puzzle pieces fit to size, both lost in deep sleep. I've got the deck, a recliner, looking up into the oak canopy, watching birds chase insects as squirrels run frantic circles around a massive Oak, snug in its Jasmine overcoat. The little dog, always excited, circles the tree, staring overhead, daring the squirrels to come down. She pauses briefly to dart after a green chameleon before returning to her job of keeping the squirrels off the lawn. The breeze is cool, fresh off the inter-coastal. My frayed copy of Bukowski's “Women”, that I'm revisiting for the second time this year, sits on a rusting side table next to me. Carla is at work, as always these days, lusting for money she doesn't really need that badly, but this afternoon, I,myself, have no particular agenda at all.





No comments:

Post a Comment