Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Swim Forrest, Swim!









My next door neighbor and I were sitting out back looking at the lake when three of our mutual friends showed up. I questioned aloud: "I wonder if anyone ever swam across it?" Well, one thing lead to another, one beer to the next, and before I knew it, he and I were in a swimming competition while our three friends stayed warm and dry on the bank. They jeered and yelled out nasty remarks about how we couldn't swim worth a damn and probably couldn't even catch a tadpole for lunch if our lives depended on it. Some friends they turned out to be.

Susie Evert No pictures of your swim across the lake Uncle Hugh Maverick Haller?

Hugh Maverick Haller Just envision a speed boat...

Susie Evert Yeah yeah! Faster than speed lighting! huh? LOL

Nick Patten did you make it across the lake? and by lake do you mean swimming pool? not to doubt your swimming prowess ...just asking

Hugh Maverick Haller It's more retention pond than lake, full of toxic runoff and alligators. But my new neighbor doesn't know that so I made sure that he won the coin toss and got a ten second lead. I didn't bother to see if he made it, mainly because I went back up to the deck. I knew there was only one beer left.

Hugh Maverick Haller I wouldn't get into that shitty water if you paid me.

Susie Evert Thats what I was thinking about how gross the lake must be and what about alligators? I'm so gullible!

Nick Patten the old 10 second lead get the new guy to jump into alligator infested toxic water trick heh? it's a classic....well done sir, well done

Hugh Maverick Haller In this picture the four of us were laughing as we watched his slime covered head moving away from us as fast as that man could swim.I don't know if that was a large stick or an alligator drifting his way.

Cyril Collins Spoken like a real Manatee





No comments:

Post a Comment