Saturday, January 18, 2014

36 Down, 36 To Go








We're two polar opposites, married 36 years and starting our 37th today. I'm a planner, happiest if we know everything we expect to do before we do it. Carla just goes, up for anything, anytime. “Structured” is a kind word for my over the top anal retention. Carla lives a stream-of-consciousness life, blowing in any direction that feels right at the time. Although I feel bad that I care too much about what other people think, I still do. Carla could care less. I really like that. She's fiery, passionate about causes, concerned about the less fortunate. Sadly, I'm rather monotone, unruffled. And I just don't care about my fellow humans as much as I should. Mostly I'm convinced that the majority are morons and get what they deserve. Logic is my litmus test for everything but Carla goes with feelings, emotions, intuition, and visions sent by the gods or the ghosts of those who have gone before...

My logic tells me that we shouldn't be a successful couple, but we are. So maybe I should listen to what Carla says just a little bit more in our next 36 years...



No comments:

Post a Comment