Sunday, December 8, 2013

A golf Course View...











A “golf course view” so revered and celebrated, leaves me cold, somewhat troubled. Where did the trees go, the animals who busied themselves there, the wild grasses in shades of rust and henna... fields now turned into manicured lawns, wet with poisons and little signs. We try to do that wherever we go, seeking Disneyland heaven. So we can chase a ball? What we're given isn't enough, we need to change it, homogenize it, squeeze out all the flavor as we run unthinking after some vague need for control and familiarity...rape wrapped up in a beautiful fur coat, and called progress. I won't argue the point, it is what it is. Sometimes I just feel bad about our clueless, heavy handed stewardship, and about myself. We are our own worst enemy and I suspect our inevitable evolution to end in extinction. The ants won't care, they never even noticed our brief, Jackbooted stompings.






No comments:

Post a Comment